I have opened my own Preschool - visit macfadyenpa.com

Don't forget to visit our Facebook page and Pinterest for additional ideas and links! Updates are posted frequently.



Add yourself to Kreative Resources Blog Hop!



ANY COMMENTS DEEMED SPAM WILL BE DELETED! If you wish to advertise on my page you must contact me directly @ kreativeresources@hotmail.com













Wednesday 29 June 2011

In honour of MUD

Mud
I like mud.
I like it on my clothes.
I like it on my fingers,
I like it on my toes.
Dirt's pretty ordinary
And dust's a dud.
For a really good mess-up
I like mud.

John Smith

"I'm in Love with Mud"
                                                                                             ( July 6, 2009 - Photo by Bill Pugliano/Getty Images North America)

I'm in love with mud,
It's sad, I know, but true.
I just can't help but splash in it,
Or stomp a path right through.

It's sticky and it's dirty,
And it covers all my clothes.
But when I see it lying there,
A voice inside me grows...

...You can't resist, you know I'm right,
It's fun to play in mud!
Look at it just sitting there,
I really think you should!


I splatter in the grimy gloop,
I can't resist the ooze!
I run, I jump, I stamp about,
It drips into my shoes!

©2003 Gareth Lancaster






5 comments:

  1. I wrote this one for you...

    I see a mud puddle
    but what should I do?

    First I'll go around it
    so I wont mess up my shoes...

    Then I'll jump over it
    As I think of something new...

    I guess there is nothing left for me to do
    So I will splash, splash, splash in the mud puddle too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you happen to see a pile of mud,
    Don't even stop and..

    Step in the mud
    Stomp in the mud
    Jump in the mud
    or twirl in the mud

    And whatever you do don't slip in the mud!

    Oh no!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Mud, mud, glorious mud!
    Nothing quite like it for cooling the blood.
    So follow me, follow
    Down to the hollow
    And there we will wallow in glorious mud!"

    -Donald Swann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw great - those are cute!! Thanks for posting them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. In addition to our weekly Monday Kid Corner, this week's theme is MUD. Brush off those archives and link them up at thejennyevolution.com. See you there! Jennifer

    ReplyDelete